Friday, September 11, 2009

Lego Jesus

Here in our house, we have been in the throes of Lego mania for quite some time. Our friend Ethan gave Sam two huge rubber maid containers of his old Legos to start out with and the boys have since accumulated numerous sets for birthdays and Christmas. The sets are fine (despite what the New York Times thinks) but I love when the boys make things from their own explosive imaginations. For example, Sam was so excited to show us this after breakfast. "It's from the Bible," he prefaced, so intrigued, we walked into the room to find:
Lego Jesus. On the cross. With the two thieves crucified behind him. And Roman guards standing sentry below, one with an axe, one with a light saber. I didn't know what to say or where to look because I was laughing so hard but I didn't want to hurt Sam's feelings because he really was so proud and sincere. I can only hope Jesus doesn't see it as sacrilege and somehow, I don't think He does.
There was also Moses (as a Clone Commander) leading the Israelites across the Red Sea with Storm Trooper Egyptians in hot pursuit. Oh my.

2 comments:

  1. I came home the other night to Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus...the lego nativity (all with pink legos btw). I think Charlie has figured out what kind of Christmas decorations he wants.....

    ReplyDelete